Let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Great character here with lots of space yet a price point making it well worth the effort to restore this beauty. Quiet, tree lined street, excellent Walkscore (83), Cyclist's paradise (95) just minutes from downtown in an established and desirable neighbourhood. Prepare to roll up your sleeves and bring out the character and charm that's waiting to shine through. Upgrades include recent roof, some vinyl ...
One-level 3 bed 2 bath end-unit "rancher" townhouse in the much sought after "Arbour Glen" complex in Royal Oak. A well-proportioned home - Excellent separation between living and bedroom areas. Large windows & two skylights provide plenty of light. Welcoming entry through your own private courtyard to large living/dining room leading to family room (gas fireplace) & remodeled kitchen (2015) with eating spa...
You'll forget you're in a condo... this south-facing garden suite is private and inviting. Excellent floorplan - over 1100 square feet of updated living space. Features include: Separate dining room plus eating area off modern kitchen, master with 4pc ensuite & 2 closets, in-suite laundry room, cozy wood burning fireplace in the large living room, private south-facing patio, storage locker on same floor. ...
**FIRST OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY MAY 11th 2-4pm** Plenty of room here inside AND out. 2600 sqft bi-level home on ¼ acre lot with mature ornamental trees and ample driveway space for RV, boat, cars, etc. plus covered parking in detached 29'x23' 2-bay garage/workshop and 1-bay carport. The well-maintained home is situated on a quiet street in fabulous Upper Thetis Heights. A short distance from Thetis Lake Park...
South-facing top-floor unit on the quiet end of Jacklin Rd beside Ruth King School. Easy access to Langford's village centre and minutes from Langford Lake, Thetis Lake and Galloping Goose Trail. 9' ceilings, skylights, loads of light. Unobstructed southerly views to the Olympic Mountains. Granite counters, mocha cabinets, new high-quality laminate floors & tile in bathrooms. Open floorplan is very flexi...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Hello! I have delighted in helping clients achieve their real estate goals in the Victoria area since 2006 and am grateful to live and work in this beautiful city. I work hard to ensure my clients remain well-informed and highly successful in making the best real estate decisions. My intention is to streamline the process and protect my clients from complications, so their experience is hassle-free from start to finish. Services are client-focused, informative, and provided in a friendly and easy-going manner, yet I’m firm and assertive when protecting and promoting client’s interests in their negotiations. Much of my business these past years is through repeat and referred customers but I’m always happy to welcome new clients.