Let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
"West Oaks", this 16-unit pet-friendly complex in Royal Oak is home to your next home. Perfect family floorplan - All bedrooms up, living space on main, and bonus lower-level space for hobbies, office, or teen getaway. Features... Master with 3pc ensuite and walk-in closet. West-facing deck off living room. Gas furnace, gas h/w, gas fireplace and hookups for BBQ and range. Built-in vacuum. Skylight. H...
1957 mid-century home with many quality updates. Sitting on bedrock on a quiet cul-de-sac road, the home peeks over the city to Mt Baker beyond. The 12,894 sqft RD-3 (2 family) zoned lot is huge but much is relatively easy-care. Separate suites up and down. Upper unit is 3 bedrooms with coved ceilings, hardwood floors, cozy gas fireplace, large bank of windows into living/dining rooms, updated kitchen, hug...
Immaculate top-floor west-facing corner unit overlooking a private strata courtyard. It doesn't get much better than this.. Well apportioned and inviting, this 2 bed 2 bath unit has 9ft ceilings and is bright with large windows and two skylights. Large kitchen with plenty of cupboards, granite counters, island. Bamboo floors. In-suite laundry. Master bedroom with closet organizer, ensuite with soaker t...
Great value here! Situated high on Lampson Street, this bright top-floor 2-bedroom condo looks east over the city and boasts over 1000 square feet of living space. Exceptionally clean and recently refreshed, there's nothing to do but move in and enjoy. Features include... updated flooring (Fuzion), fresh paint, Decora style outlets and new baseboards, 2 skylights, built-in vacuum system, walk-in closet in ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Hello! I have delighted in helping clients achieve their real estate goals in the Victoria area since 2006 and am grateful to live and work in this beautiful city. I work hard to ensure my clients remain well-informed and highly successful in making the best real estate decisions. My intention is to streamline the process and protect my clients from complications, so their experience is hassle-free from start to finish. Services are client-focused, informative, and provided in a friendly and easy-going manner, yet I’m firm and assertive when protecting and promoting client’s interests in their negotiations. Much of my business these past years is through repeat and referred customers but I’m always happy to welcome new clients.